Transfers on 31 Aug 2019 :
1. Nripendra Misra has resigned from the post of Principal Secretary to Prime Minister. He is a retired 1967 batch IAS officer of Uttar Pradesh cadre.
2. Former Cabinet Secretary, P K Sinha has been appointed as Officer on Special Duty in the Prime Minister Office.
3. Rajiv Gauba has taken over as the new Cabinet Secretary in the Government of India after the superannuation of P K Sinha. He is a 1982 batch IAS officer of Jharkhand cadre and has held important assignments like Union Home Secretary, Secretary, Ministry of Urban Development, Government of India and Chief Secretary, Jharkhand. He has also represented India at the International monetary Fund.
4. Peeved about not being appointed to Chairman, CBDT post and six-month extension to present incumbent P C Mody, Akhilesh Ranjan, Member (Legislation), Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT), has reportedly resigned from the Indian Revenue Service of Income Tax.
5. J P S Chawla, ACGA, has been assigned an additional charge of Controller General of Accounts (CGA). He is a 1985 batch ICAS officer.
6. Arvind Shrivastava currently Joint Secretary, Economic Affairs, has been appointed as Joint Secretary in Prime Minister’s Office (PMO). He is a 1994 batch IAS officer of Karnataka cadre.
7. Saurabh Shukla has been appointed as Director in Prime Minister’s Office (PMO). He is a 2005 batch IA&AS officer.
8. Hardik Satishchandra Shah has been appointed as Deputy Secretary in Prime Minister’s Office (PMO). He is a 2010 batch IAS officer of Gujarat cadre.
9. Abhishek Shukla has been appointed as Deputy Secretary in the Prime Minister’s Office (PMO). He is a 2006 batch IFS officer.
10. Pratik Mathur has been appointed as Deputy Secretary in the Prime Minister’s Office. He is a 2007 batch IFS officer.
11. The Indian Police Service of Kuladhar Saikia presently working as Director General of Police (DGP) in Assam has been extended for a period of three months with effect from August 31, 2019. He is a 1985 batch IPS officer.
12. The Indian Police Service of Sanjay S Barve presently working as Mumbai Police Commissioner, Maharashtra has been extended for a period of three months with effect from August 31, 2019. He is a 1987 batch IPS officer.
13. Kunjumon E Mathew, Commodore, Navy, has been selected for the post of Director (Shipbuilding), Hindustan Shipyard Limited (HSL) at a Public Enterprises Selection Board (PESB) meeting held on August 30, 2019. Four candidates were interviewed for the same.
14. Girraj Prasad Gupta, who joined as the Controller General of Accounts (CGA) in Government of India on August 1, 2019, retired on August 30, 2019. Gupta, 1983 batch officer of Indian Civil Accounts Service (ICAS), enjoyed this post only for thirty days.
15. Puneet Roy Kundal has assumed charge as India’s Ambassador to Tunisia. He is an Indian Foreign Service officer of 1996 batch.